print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 21: From Within

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

expand

The story so far

Chapter 21: From Within

written by Joie

added on: 28 Jan 2002 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

BRIAN wakes up. He is in bed. The alarm chirps insistently beside him. He hits it off, and wipes his brow. Suddenly, his eyes widen. PAN to his view, where we see a piece of paper.

CLOSE on paper. It is the draft of the letter. BRIAN looks at the calendar. He leaps out of bed. Next to the letter, is a note scrawled in his own writing: Get Our Town tickets today! Beside that, the notes for the Odyssey to give to Jordan at tutoring.

BRIAN: What...!

BRIAN looks out of the window. He sees the Chases' Taurus wagon pulling out of the driveway, Graham driving. He looks in a bit of a rush.

BRIAN: I can't believe it... (BRIAN smiles) This... I got another chance. Today... i got another chance!

BRIAN seizes the letter, rips it in half, and throws it into his rubbish bin.

CUT TO:

INT. STUDY HALL - DAY

JORDAN sits waiting. BRIAN approaches, and sits down.

JORDAN: Hey.

BRIAN: Hey. (Unpacks his notes) Okay.. here are some exercises, which, uh, if you could finish them for next session, then.. yeah. (Jordan takes the sheets, flicks through them) And, uh... did you do those terms, sheets?

JORDAN: Uh, yeah.

JORDAN flicks through his folder, and takes out the notes. He fiddles with them, nervous.

JORDAN: Uh, Brain...

BRIAN: Yeah?

JORDAN: Um, about that letter...

BRIAN: Yeah... (Beat) Listen, Jordan. I know I said I'd write it, and all, and-- the thing is, I shouldn't have told you I would? 'Cause... I know Angela, really well, and I just... I just would rather not get involved. Okay?

JORDAN nods. Absorbs this information.

JORDAN: Okay. I mean.. I understand, I guess. (half-smile) I was kinda surprised when you agreed to do it, so. Yeah. I'll just write it myself. (sigh) Let's do this Odyssey thing.

BRIAN: (smiles) Yeah. Okay...

MID SHOT of the two, working on the sheets.


INT. JORDAN'S ROOM - NIGHT

It is darkish. JORDAN stares at the paper, thinking hard. Eventually, biting his thumbnail, he begins to write.


INT. LIBERTY HIGH - HALLWAY - DAY

JORDAN reads over the letter he has written himself, for Angela. He folds it again, then opens ANGELA's locker, puts the note inside, and shuts it. He walks off.

Presently, ANGELA approaches. She opens her locker, and sees the note. Curious, she takes it.

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

There's no next chapter yet. Why not add one yourself?

expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Lately, I can't even look at my mother without wanting to stab her repeatedly.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"